Professor Ahmed Khattab
- 01202 967281
- akhattab at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Professor of Biomedical & Clinical Research
- Bournemouth House BG20, 19 Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, BH1 3LH
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
Ahmed Khattab is a Professor of medical research & clinical practice at the school of Health & Social Care. He was educated and trained at Reading University, Royal Berkshire Hospital and St Mary’s Hospital Medical School in London. He also held an honorary position at the Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals. Ahmed is a physician by training with special interests in general medicine and medicine for the elderly. His research portfolio encompasses a broad range of health and clinical research programmes, including stroke, vascular disease, diabetes, respiratory, autonomic nervous system, neurodegenerative diseases, gastro-intestinal, haematology, environmental and public health as well as education research. In addition to leading and supporting a number of research programmes within the school, he also supervises a number of PhD, DProf, MSc and BSc students. His research group (i) engages in original and applied research in biomedical and clinical areas; (ii) works on the cellular and molecular basis of human disease; (iii) oversees the biomedical/clinical research programmes within the school; (iv) collaborates with local Hospitals and other Universities; (v) participates in the wider University multidisciplinary research programmes; and (vi) trains postgraduate research students...
Ahmed also leads and contributes to the teaching of a number of units at both under- and postgraduate levels. He has undertaken extensive collaborative research with NHS hospitals (at local and regional levels) as well as with national and international academic institutions. He also served on a number of Committees concerned with training and education. In addition to his membership of the UK General Medical Council, Ahmed is a chartered biologist and a Fellow of the Royal Institute of Public Health & Hygiene. He is also an active member of the Institute of Health Promotion & Education.more
Professor Ahmed Khattab research portfolio encompasses a broad range of health/clinical research programmes, targeting the interface between academia & clinical practice, and maintaining a strong focus on translational research underpinning existing research themes within the university. Ahmed’s interests include research in the areas of stroke, vascular disease, diabetes, respiratory, autonomic nervous system, Parkinson's disease (PD), gastro-intestinal, haematology, public health & research underpinning curricula.
Ahmed has been involved in clinical and laboratory-based health science research relevant to the mission & goals of the school & the wider University. His work focuses on the biochemical, physiological & cellular basis of human disease with a view to develop an effective & accessible preventative as well as intervention strategies. Our stroke & vascular research programme has recently secured one million dollar grant from Qatar in collaboration with Weill Cornell Medical College to support developing stroke registry in Qatar & to investigate the link between TIA & cerebral blood flow. We are also developing & evaluating new equipment for diagnosing respiratory diseases in collaboration with Bournemouth Hospital. Our work on carotid plaque morphology, imaging techniques, blood flow modelling & stroke involves vascular surgeons, clinicians, physicists, engineers & volcanologist; this highlights the importance of interdisciplinary research in solving medical problems. Furthermore, our work linking PD, sense of smell & visual perception underpins our research in movement disorders & rehabilitation...
Ahmed is currently supervising ten PhD students most of whom are conducting their research within NHS settings.
We have secured 6 research ethical approvals.
We are now planning to submit more international bids in areas of vascular diseases, stroke, sports & cancer research in collaboration with our international partners in the USA.more
- Carlton, E.W., Pickering, J.W., Greenslade, J., Cullen, L., Than, M., Kendall, J., Body, R., Parsonage, W.A., Khattab, A. and Greaves, K., 2018. Assessment of the 2016 National Institute for Health and Care Excellence high-sensitivity troponin rule-out strategy. Heart, 104 (8), 665-672.
- Nel, K., Khattab, A. et al., 2017. Myocardial Blood Flow Reserve Is Impaired in Patients With Aortic Valve Calcification and Unobstructed Epicardial Coronary Arteries. International journal of cardiology, 248, 427-432.
- Streletz, L.J., Khattab, A. et al., 2017. Epidemiology of Stroke in the MENA Region: A Systematic Review. International Journal of Neurology and Neurological Disorders, 1 (1), 10-21.
- Carlton, E., Kendall, J., Khattab, A. and Greaves, K., 2017. Low Concentrations of High-Sensitivity Troponin T at Presentation to the Emergency Department. CLINICAL CHEMISTRY, 63 (1), 431-432.
- Jones, E.L., Perring, S., Khattab, A. and Allenby-Smith, O., 2016. The effects of proton pump inhibitors on autonomic tone in patients with erosive and non-erosive esophagitis. Neurogastroenterology and Motility, 28 (5), 659-664.
- Carlton, E.W., Khattab, A. and Greaves, K., 2016. Beyond triage: The diagnostic accuracy of emergency department nursing staff risk assessment in patients with suspected acute coronary syndromes. Emergency Medicine Journal, 33 (2), 99-104.
- Carlton, E.W., Khattab, A. and Greaves, K., 2015. Identifying patients suitable for discharge after a single-presentation high-sensitivity troponin result: A comparison of five established risk scores and two high-sensitivity assays. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 66 (6), 635-645e1.
- Carlton, E.W., Than, M., Cullen, L., Khattab, A. and Greaves, K., 2015. 'Chest pain typicality' in suspected acute coronary syndromes and the impact of clinical experience. American Journal of Medicine, 128 (10), 1109-1116.e2.
- Carlton, E.W., Cullen, L., Than, M., Gamble, J., Khattab, A. and Greaves, K., 2015. A novel diagnostic protocol to identify patients suitable for discharge after a single high-sensitivity troponin. Heart.
- Clark, C., Docherty, S., Osborne, N. and Khattab, A., 2014. A pilot study to compare passive lumbar spine re-positioning error in those with chronic low back pain with healthy volunteers. International Musculoskeletal Medicine, 36 (3), 104-110.
- Clark, C.J., Khattab, A.D. and Carr, E.C.J., 2014. Chronic widespread pain and neurophysiological symptoms in joint hypermobility syndrome (JHS). International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 21 (2), 60-67.
- Khattab, A.D., Griffiths, S., Vincent, G., Bujanova, J., Davies, S.J. and Coppini, D.V., 2013. Age-related measurements of vibration perception threshold (VPT) in healthy individuals: implications for diagnosing peripheral neuropathy in diabetes. DIABETIC MEDICINE, 30, 69-70.
- Khattab, A., Docherty, S., Bagust, J., Willington, R., Thomas, P. and Amar, K., 2012. Subjective visual vertical perception and sense of smell in Parkinson disease. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 49 (6), 961-970.
- Clark, C., Khattab, A., Carr, E., Breen, A. and Grahame, R., 2012. Functional Impairments in Patients with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and Developmental Coordination Disorder In IFOMPT 2012: A Rendez-Vous of Hands and Minds, September 30–October 5, 2012, Québec City, Canada. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy, 42 (10), A49.
- Palmer, M.E., Longmaid, K., Lamph, D., Willis, C., Heaslip, V. and Khattab, A., 2012. Legionella pneumophila found in windscreen washer fluid without added screenwash. Eur J Epidemiol, 27 (8), 667.
- Allen, S.C. and Khattab, A., 2012. The airflow resistance sensing threshold during tidal breathing rises in old age in patients with asthma. Age Ageing, 41 (4), 557-560.
- Rigge, L., Khattab, A. and Allen, S.C., 2012. THE THRESHOLD FOR SENSING A RESISTIVE LOAD DURING TIDAL BREATHING RISES IN OLD AGE IN SUBJECTS WITH ASTHMA. AGE AND AGEING, 41, 79.
- Clark, C.J. and Khattab, A., 2012. Association Between Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and Developmental Coordination Disorder – A Review. Journal of Sports and Doping Studies.
- Allen, S.C., Brown, I., Khattab, A.D. and Bagust, J., 2011. Inspiratory conductance: an alternative index of the relationship between inspiratory effort and airflow with potential for clinical use. Clinical Respiratory Journal.
- Khattab, A.D., Wertheim, D., Petford, N., Kirk, R., Wijesinghe, L. and Ali, I.S., 2011. Application of confocal microscopy for 3D assessment of carotid plaque structure: Implications for carotid blood flow and stroke research. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Neurology, 4, 1-4.
- Allen, S.C., Vassallo, M. and Khattab, A.D., 2009. The threshold for sensing airflow resistance during tidal breathing rises in old age: implications for elderly patients with obstructive airways diseases. Age and Ageing, 38, 548.
- Khattab, A.D. and Rawlings, B., 2008. Use of a modified OSCE to assess nurse practitioner students. British Journal of Nursing, 17, 754-759.
- Khattab, A.D. and Ali, I.S., 2007. Immunoassays for avian butyrylcholinesterase: Implications for ecotoxicological testing and clinical biomonitoring. Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 24, 275-285.
- Khattab, A.D., Rawlings, B. and Ali, I.S., 2006. Care of patients with haemoglobin abnormalities: nursing management. British Journal of Nursing, 15, 1057-1062.
- Allen, S.C. and Khattab, A.D., 2006. The tendency to altered perception of airflow resistance in aged subjects might be due mainly to a reduction in diaphragmatic proprioception. Medical Hypotheses, 67, 1406-1410.
- Khattab, A.D., Rawlings, B. and Ali, I.S., 2006. Care of patients with haemoglobin abnormalities: history and biology. British Journal of Nursing, 15, 994-998.
- Khattab, A.D., Rawlings, B. and Ali, I.S., 2006. Care of patients with haemoglobin abnormalities: history and biology. British Journal of Nursing, 15, 994-998.
- Khattab, A.D., Ali, I.S. and Rawlings, B., 2005. Peripheral arterial disease in diabetic patients selected from a primary care setting: implications for nursing practice. Journal of Vascular Nursing, 23, 139-148.
- Khattab, A.D., Rawlings, B. and Ali, I.S., 2005. Haemoglobinopathies and health care provision for ethnic minorities. British Journal of Nursing, 14, 824-827.
- Khattab, A.D., Jenkinson, D.F. and Ali, I.S., 2005. Immunolocalisation of enzymes affecting carotid plaque morphology. Age and Ageing, 34, i40.
- Khattab, A.D. and Rawlings, B., 2001. Assessing nurse practitioner students using a modified objective structured clinical examination (OSCE). Nurse Education Today, 21, 541-550.
- Khattab, A.D., Ali, I.S., Dils, R., Kerr, D., Jenkinson, D.F., Allen, S.C. and Rana, M., 2001. Pro-matrix metalloproteinases (pro-MMP-3) and atherosclerotic carotid artery plaque. Biochemical Society Transactions, 29, 72.
- Khattab, A.D., Ali, I.S., Dils, R., Kerr, D., Jenkinson, D.F., Allen, S. and Rana, M., 2001. Nitric oxide synthase and carotid artery plaque morphology. Atherosclerosis Supplements, 2, 103.
- Khattab, A.D., Ali, I.S., Dils, R., Darke, S.G., Kerr, D. and Rana, M., 1999. Serum lipid profile and peripheral arterial disease in diabetic patients. Journal of Endocrinology, 160, 19.
- Khattab, A.D., Bowley, J., Ali, I.S., Bowley, A., Dils, R. and Rana, M., 1999. Immunolocalization of matrix metalloproteinase-3 (stromelysin-1) in carotid artery plaques. Biochemical Society Transactions, 27, 43.
- Khattab, A.D., Ali, I.S., Bowley, J., Dils, R., Darke, S.G., Kerr, D. and Rana, M., 1998. Protein glycosylation and peripheral vascular disease in diabetic patients. Biochemical Society Transactions, 26, 118.
- Khattab, A.D., Grewal, G.S., Dils, R., Ali, I.S., Darke, S.G. and Rana, M., 1998. A molecular approach for stroke prevention. Biochemical Society Transactions, 26, S17.
- Khattab, A.D., 1995. Dances with microscopes: Antoni van Leeuwenhoek (1632-1723). Cytopathology, 6, 215-218.
- Khattab, A.D., Walker, C.H., Johnston, G., Siddiqui, M.K. and Saphier, P.W., 1994. An ELISA assay for avian serum butyrylcholinesterase: A biomarker for organophosphates. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 13, 1661-1667.
- Khattab, A.D., Walker, C.H., Mackness, M.I. and Saphier, P.W., 1993. Purification & Immunological Charaterization of Pigeon serum Butyrylcholinesterase: Implications on Environmental Monitoring and Toxicological Testing of Birds. Biochemical Pharmacology, 45, 991-998.
- Khattab, A.D., Jenkinson, D.F. and Ali, I.S., 2004. Immunolocalisation of enzymes affecting carotid plaque morphology. Communications to the Autumn Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society. London: British Geriatrics Society, 55.
- Arias, M., Khattab, A., Allen, S., Vassallo, M. and Kwan, J., 2017. Inflammatory cytokines may mediate cognitive dysfunction and sickness behavior during acute illness. 84.
- Cox, C., Khattab, A. and Amar, K., 2017. Motor performance measured with the UPDRS in PD patients with varying degrees of smell loss. Presented at the 21st International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders J. Poster 139; Volume 32; Issue S2; June 2017. In: 21st International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. 2-6 June 2017 Canada. Canada: Movement Disorders, 142.
- Cox, C., Khattab, A. and Amar, K., 2017. Non-motor symptoms in a cross section of PD patients with varying degrees of smell loss. In: 21st International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. 4-8 June 2017 Canada, Vancouver. 140.
- Cox, C., Khattab, A. and Amar, K., 2017. Are patients with Parkinson’s disease who have either mild to moderate microsmia, severe microsmia or anosmia clinically different? In: 21st International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders. 4-8 June 2017 Canada, Vancouver. 142.
- Khattab, A., Streletz, L., Wertheim, D., Ali, I., Wijesinghe, L., Jupp, B., Thavanesan, K., Gale, D., Liddell, J. and Campell, P., 2017. ULTRASOUND MORPHOLOGY OF CAROTID PLAQUE AND ITS LINK WITH LIPID: PROTEIN CONTENT AND 3D MICROSTRUCTURE OF THE PLAQUE. 57.
- Musthak, A., Dimassi, D., Akhtar, N., Kamran, S., Abbasi, S., Khattab, A., El Sotouhy, A., Haddad, N. and Streletz, L., 2017. Cerebral blood flow and auto-regulation in acute TIA patients from a general hospital in Qatar. In: The American Academy of Neurology 69th Annual Meeting 22-28 April 2017 Boston, MA.. USA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Ltd., 4.
- Khattab, A., Streletz, L., Wertheim, D., Ali, I., Gale, D., Liddell, J., Campell, P. and Wijesinghe, L., 2017. The link between plaque morphology and biochemical lipid - protein content of carotid plaque.
- Khattab, A., Streletz, L., Thavenesan, K., Jupp, B., Ali, I., Dimusili, D., Abdulmawjood, A., Mitchell, R. and Malik, R., 2017. The profile of urinary proteins in TIA patients attending a strike clinic in Qatar.
- Nam, M., Khattab, A. et al., 2016. Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction in Patients with Chest Pain and Unobstructed Coronary Arteries: Influence of Systemic Inflammation, Plaque Burden and Morphology. In: The 64th Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand Annual Scientific Meeting and the International Society for Heart Research Australasian Section Annual Scientific Meeting, 4 – 7 August 2016, Adelaide, Australia 4-7 August 2016 Adelaide, Australia. ELSEVIER, 39.
- Nam, M., Boos, C., Khattab, A. et al., 2016. Myocardial Blood Flow Reserve is Impaired in Patients with Aortic Valve Calcification and Unobstructed Epicardial Coronary Arteries. In: 64th Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand Annual Scientific Meeting and the International Society for Heart Research Australasian Section Annual Scientific Meeting, 4 – 7 August 2016, 4-7 August 2016 Australia. ELSEVIER, 243.
- Clark, C., Khattab, A. and Carr, E.C.J., 2015. Pain poses a significant health burden in those with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome. In: British Pain Society Annual Congress 21-23 April 2015 Glasgow, UK. British Journal of Pain, 10.
- Neal, D.R., Khattab, A. and Ellis-Hill, C., 2015. LIFE AFTER STROKE; THE 'ASPIRE'PROGRAMME (ACUTE STROKE, SELF-MANAGEMENT SUPPORT, SECONDARY PREVENTION, INFORMATION, REHABILITATION, EXERCISE). 92.
- Khattab, A., Streletz, L., Ali, I., Williams, R. and Jenkinson, D., 2015. Tamm-Horsfall protein THP (the forgotten protein) and its link with Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA). 317.
- KHATTAB, A., DOCHERTY, S., BAGUST, J., THOMAS, P., AMAR, K. and KHATTAB, A., 2014. Olfactory dysfunction and its link with subjective visual vertical (SVV) perception in Parkinson's disease. In: 2nd World Congress of Digital Olfaction Society 2014 8-9 December 2014 Tokyo, Japan. Tokyo, Japan: Digital Olfaction Society, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 30.
- Khattab, A., Streletz, L., Wertheim, D., Ali, I. and Jenkinson, D., 2014. Referral pattern and 3D visualization of microstructure of carotid artery plaque, using Laser-Scanning Confocal-Microscopy (LSCM). In: ARC'14-Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference 2014 18-19 November 2014 Doha-Qatar. Doha-Qatar: QSCIENCE.COM, DOI: 10.5339/qfarc.2014.HBPP0573.
- Clark, C., Docherty, S., Osborne, N. and Khattab, A., 2014. A PILOT STUDY COMPARING PASSIVE LUMBAR SPINE REPOSITIONING ERROR IN THOSE WITH CHRONIC NON SPECIFIC LOW BACK PAIN WITH HEALTHY VOLUNTEERS. In: International Association for the Study of Pain 15th World Conference 6-10 October 2014 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Carlton, E., Khattab, A., Beavis, J., Than, M. and Greaves, K., 2014. An Observational Study of Early Risk Stratification of Patients with Suspected Cardiac Chest Pain and Initiation of One-Hour High-Sensitivity Troponin Testing in Low Risk Emergency Department Patients. In: World Congress of Cardiology, Melbourne, 2014. 4-7 May 2014 Melbourne, Australia.
- Nel, K., Senior, R., Boos, C., Begley, J., Bull, R., Shamley, D., Khattab, A. and Greaves, K., 2014. The Effect of Coronary Atherosclerosis on Myocardial Blood Flow in Patients With Chest Pain and Unobstructed Coronary Arteries. In: American College of Cardiology Conference, Washington, 2014. 29-31 March 2014 Washington, DC. Washington, DC: ACC American College of Cardiology.
- Carlton, E., Khattab, A., Cullen, L., Than, M. and Greaves, K., 2014. A Modified Goldman Risk Score in Combination with High-Sensitivity Troponin Assay Results Proves Superior to TIMI in the Evaluation of Suspected Acute Cardiac Chest Pain. In: American College of Cardiology Conference, Washington 2014. 29-31 March 2014 Washington, DC. Washington, DC: ACC American College of Cardiology.
- Khattab, A., Streletz, L., Ali, I., Kamran, S., Akhtar, N., Elsotouhy, A. and Jenkinson, D., 2013. Auto-regulation and cerebral blood flow in TIA patients attending a Stroke/TIA Clinic: implications for stroke prevention in Qatar. Qatar Foundation Annual Research Forum Proceedings:. In: ARC'13-Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference 2013 23-26 November 2013 Doha-Qatar.
- Khattab, A., Wertheim, D., Ali, I., Petford, N., Allen, S.C., Lewarne, T. and Wijesinghe, L., 2012. Assessment of blood flow and 3D microstructure of atherosclerotic carotid plaque using confocal microscopy. In: 21st European Stroke Conference 22-25 May 2012 Lisbon, Portugal. karger, 435-436.
- Clark, C., Khattab, A., Carr, E., Breen, A. and Grahame, R., 2012. An Exploration of Neurophysiological Symptoms in Patients with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and their Impact on Quality of Life. In: Physiotherapy UK 2012 2012 Liverpool Convention Centre, Liverpool,UK.
- Amar, K., Docherty, S., Bagust, J., Wellington, R. and Khattab, A., 2010. Measuring Perception Of Subjective Visual Vertical Using The Computerised Rod And Frame Test In Parkinson’s Disease Patients. In: 2nd World Parkinson Congress 28 September-1 October 2010 SECC, Glasgow, Scotland. 43.
- Docherty, S., Bagust, J., Khattab, A.D. and Amar, K., 2009. An investigation into the perception of visual vertical and smell in patients diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. In: ECU 2009 Convention: Chiropractic, a vital science 20-23 May 2009 Alghero, Sardinia, Italy. Sardinia, Italy: ECU 2009 Convention Proceedings, 221-222.
- Docherty, S., Bagust, J., Khattab, A. and Amar, K., 2009. Visual vertical and olfactory perception in Parkinson’s Disease. In: Neuroscience Conference 2009 October 2009 Chicago, IL.
- Khattab, A.D., Lewarne, T., Jenkinson, D.F., Wijesinghe, L. and Ali, I.S., 2006. Immunochemical analysis of enzymes affecting carotid plaque morphology: implications for plaque stability and stroke. In: British Association of Stroke Physicians Scientific Meeting 8 February 2006 Bournemouth, UK.
- Khattab, A.D., Jenkinson, D.F., Ali, I.S. and Walkley, A., 2004. Markers of endothelial dysfunction and carotid plaque morphology: implications for stroke prevention. In: British Association of Stroke Physicians Meeting 21 January 2004 Cambridge, UK.
- Khattab, A.D., Gamel, C., Rawlings, B. and De Vree, W., 2004. Incorporating Osce in nursing examinations. In: 3rd ICN International Nurse Practitioners/Advanced Practice Nursing Conference 29 June-1 July 2004 Groningen, the Netherlands.
- Khattab, A.D. and Rawlings, B., 2002. An overview of implementing a modified objective structured clinical examination in nurse practitioner education. In: RCN Conference August 2004 Dublin.
- Khattab, A.D., 2001. Nursing education and haemoglobinopathies: implications for equality in health in ethnic minorities. In: Royal College of General Practitioners Research Symposium 2001 London.
- Khattab, A.D., Mighty, C., Dils, R. and Raza, T.H., 2001. Nurse education and haemoglobinopathies: implications for health care provision for ethnic minorities. In: Royal College of General Practitioners Research Symposium London. London: Royal College of General Practitioners.
- Khattab, A.D., 2000. Longitudinal study of the relationship between glycaemia, peripheral arterial disease and mortality in diabetic patients. In: Beyond the Genome 2000: The 18th International Congress of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 16-20 July 2000 Birmingham, UK.
- Khattab, A.D., 2000. A symptomatic peripheral arterial disease: personality type and life style as risk factors in a local population in Southern England. In: Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Conference V 2000.
- Ali, I.S., Gee, A., Smith, S.W.J., Khattab, A.D. and Darke, S.G., 1996. Progression of Peripheral Vascular Disease in Diabetic Population. In: 30th Annual Conference of the Vascular Surgical Society of Great Britain & Ireland 20-22 November 1996 Bournemouth, England. 38.
- Debbie Gale. Measure inspiratory conductance (IC) during tidal breathing at rest in a substantial sample of healthy adults across the age spectrum to define the normal physiological range of IC.
- Karen Nel. Factors Affecting Myocardial Blood Flow in Patients with Chest Pain and Unobstructed Coronary Arteries
- CINDY MARGUERITE THOMPSON. . An observational study to investigate whether individuals with PD who have either normosmia, hyposmia or anosmia are clinically different when comparing them to the natural history of PD in the motor, quality of life, disease stage and non motor domains.
- Edward Carlton. The TRUST (Triage Rule out Using Sensitive Troponin) Chest Pain Study - a prospective observational study of early risk stratification of suspected cardiac chest pain and initiation of high-sensitivity troponin testing within 1 hour of attendance in very low and low risk Emergency Department patients
- Tim Evans. Managing lifestyle factors in people diagnosed with multiple sclerosis
- Monica Arias. Investigation of inflammation, autonomic dysfunction and outcome after bacterial infection: a longitudinal comparative study
- Tanya Lesiw. Asymptomatic peripheral vascular disease and associated risk factors within the local population. Implications for prevention and health improvement
- Debbie Neal. ‘ASPIRE’: An evaluation of a practical way of enabling those with stroke to self care
- Carol Clark. Joint Hypermobility Syndrome and Developmental Coordination Disorder in adults: Investigating the association and impact
- Emma Jones. Assessment of the Autonomic Nervous System through study of cardiovascular autonomic reflexes and measurement of the subtle effects of inflammation on autonomic tone in three clinical settings
Profile of Teaching PG
- Disease Processes and Therapeutics
- Context and Scope of Public Health
Profile of Teaching UG
- Pathopysiology and Applied Therapeutics
- Environmental and Public Health
- Exploring Evidence to Guide Practice
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Auto-regulation and cerebral blood flow in TIA patients attending a Stroke/TIA Clinic in Qatar: implications for stroke prevention and the development of stroke registry in Qatar (Qatar National Research Fund, 23 Nov 2013). Awarded
- Anglo-European College of Chiropractic, Visiting Professor (2007-)
- MBBS in Medicine, Surgery (School of Medicine, University of Baghdad, 1980)
- PhD in Medical (Reading University, 1994)
- General Medical Council, Member (2002-),
- Institute of Health Promotion and Education, Member (1996-),
- Royal Society of Public Health, Fellow,
- Society of Biology, Member (1989-),