Dr Laura Iannuzzi
- liannuzzi at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Midwifery
- R. A4031, 4TH FLOOR, ST MARY'S COMMUNITY HEALTH CAMPUS, P03 6AD, PORTSMOUTH
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Since 11.09.2019: Lecturer in Midwifery at Bournemouth University.
Registred and practising midwife since 2001, with experience in several settings of care (e.g. community, tertiary hospital, birth centre).
Most of her clinical practice was performed at Careggi University Hospital in Florence (Italy), from 2004 to 2019 with different appointments:
August 2016 to September 2019: Midwife Leader (responsible of the Unit) Physiological Pregnancy Pathway and Margherita Birth Centre
April 2016- August 2016: Organisational Position for development, implementation and evaluation of standards of care and clinical research
2011- April 2016: Midwife ‘DS professional’ (a midwife committed to improve evidence-based practice, implementing research guidelines and protocols). Doctoral leave from October 2011 to October 2014 for PhD in Health Studies, the University of Nottingham
Since 2007 Senior Midwife in different settings specialised in high-risk and low-risk pregnancies care (e.g. labour ward, Margherita Birth Centre)...
2004-2007 Hospital Midwife in different settings specialised in high-risk and low-risk pregnancies care (e.g perinatal care, outpatient clinics, antenatal and postnatal ward, obstetric unit)
2003-2004: Hospital Midwife, Santa Maria Annunziata Hospital, Florence. Antenatal and postnatal care in middle-high risk pregnancies.
2002-2003: Independent Midwife. Work in the community (oncology screenings i.e. breast and cervix cancer screening program; antenatal and postnatal care, antenatal classes)more
- Dani, C., Papini, S., Iannuzzi, L. and Pratesi, S., 2020. Midwife-to-newborn ratio and neonatal outcome in healthy term infants. Acta Paediatrica, International Journal of Paediatrics.
- Setola, N., Naldi, E., Cocina, G.G., Eide, L.B., Iannuzzi, L. and Daly, D., 2019. The Impact of the Physical Environment on Intrapartum Maternity Care: Identification of Eight Crucial Building Spaces. Health Environments Research and Design Journal, 12 (4), 67-98.
- Remaschi, G., Ricci, S., Cortimiglia, M., De Vitis, E., Iannuzzi, L., Boni, L., Azzari, C. and Dani, C., 2019. TREC and KREC in very preterm infants: reference values and effects of maternal and neonatal factors. Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine.
- Setola, N., Iannuzzi, L., Santini, M., Cocina, G.G., Naldi, E., Branchini, L., Morano, S., Peiró, R.E. and Downe, S., 2018. Optimal settings for childbirth. Minerva Ginecologica, 70 (6), 687-699.
- Morano, S., Lotti, A., Canepa, M.M., Sterrantino, G., Beleva, D., Iannuzzi, L. and Downe, S., 2018. Humanities in the undergraduate medical and midwifery curriculum: A descriptive Italian comparative study. Minerva Ginecologica, 70 (6), 700-709.
- Iannuzzi, L. et al., 2018. Optimal outcomes and women's positive pregnancy experience: A comparison between the World Health organization guideline and recommendations in European National Antenatal Care Guidelines. Minerva Ginecologica, 70 (6), 650-662.
- Skoko, E., Iannuzzi, L. et al., 2018. Findings from the Italian babies born better survey. Minerva Ginecologica, 70 (6), 663-675.
- Hadjigeorgiou, E., Spyridou, A., Christoforou, A., Iannuzzi, L., Giovinale, S., Canepa, M.M., Morano, S., Jonsdottir, S.S., Karlsdottir, S.I. and Downe, S., 2018. Variation in caesarean section rates in Cyprus, Italy and Iceland: An analysis of the role of the media. Minerva Ginecologica, 70 (6), 676-686.