- 01202 967184
- ebockle at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer in Nursing
- Bournemouth Gateway Building BG401, St Pauls Lane, Bournemouth, BH8 8GP
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
My name is Emma Böckle and I started at Bournemouth University in April 2016 as a Lecturer in Adult Nursing. Prior to this appointment I was a Consultant Project Lead at the University of Southampton working on several projects including Inter-professional Learning, Long Term Conditions and Mentorship. Working with a project group of service and University colleagues on a Department of Health and NHS Wessex funded project a values based online toolkit was developed for the selection of potential mentors and a developmental feedback tool for existing mentors www.valuesbasedmentorship.co.uk
My previous experience working in the academic field was as an Academic Practitioner in the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Southampton from 2001-2007. Teaching on both under-graduate and post-graduate courses my subject interests being mentorship, practice-based learning, surgical nursing and clinical skills.
Alongside my appointment at the University of Southampton I have held NHS appointments working as part of the Practice Learning Team as the Mentorship Lead for Hampshire & Isle of Wight Strategic Health Authority and in education roles for Southampton University Hospitals Trust supporting return to practice nurses and as the Education Lead for the Surgical Directorate...
My research interests is practice-based learning. My clinical background is surgical nursing with a speciality of Gastrointestinal Nursing. Outside of work I am a member of my local Doctor’s surgery Patient participation group, I am working as vaccinator for implementing Covid-19 vaccines and deliver food parcels for the New Forest Food bank.more
- Tee, S. and Böckle, E., 2012. 'Closing the gap' - A partnership approach to community care education for long term conditions. Nurse Education Today, 32 (7), 822-828.
- Bockle, E., 2001. Supporting Returnees. Nursing Times, 97 (44), 36.
- Allen, S., Bobeva, M., Budka, M., Darby, I., Devis-Rozental, M., Holley, D., Iannuzzi, L., Phillips, P., Böckle, E., Polkinghorne, M., Taylor, D., Thurston, J., Watson, A. et al., 2022. Fusion Learning Conference 2021. Poole, Dorset, UK: Bournemouth University.
- Stainer, L., Tait, D. and Bockle, E., 2022. Developing and Evaluating a Virtual Placement: Analysing the Health and Social Needs of a Defined Community during COVID-19. In: Morley, D. and Golam, J., eds. Agile Learning Environments amid Disruption Evaluating Academic Innovations in Higher Education during COVID-19. Palgrave Macmillan, 529-546.
- Tee, S.R. and Bockle, E., 2011. ‘Closing the Gap’ - a partnership approach to community care education for long-term conditions. In: NET conference 6-8 September 2011 Cambridge.
- Tee, S.R. and Bockle, E., 2011. ‘Closing the Gap’ - a tripartite partnership approach to community care education for long-term conditions. In: RCN Joint Education Forums’ 3rd International Conference and Exhibition. Beyond the borders: Innovations and challenges for nursing education 15-17 June 2011 Belfast.
Profile of Teaching UG
- Therapeutic Communication in Adult Nursing-Year 2 Adult Nursing
- Nursing Theory and Application 1
- Nursing Practice and Nursing Skills 1
- Developing Knowledge in Practice (DKP)
- NHS Professionals, Covid-19 Vaccinator (2021-)
- New Forest Food Bank, Food Delivery Driver (2021-)
- New Forest Hockey Club, Safeguarding Lead and Covid-19 Officer (2019-)
- University of Southampton, Mentorship Project Lead (2012-), http://www.valuesbasedmentorship.co.uk/
- New Forest Medical Group, Patient Participation Group member (PPG) (2010-)
- Joint Lead for Nursing Practice and Nursing Skills 1 Unit, Nursing Programme
- Programme Lead for Return to Nursing Practice, HSS
- Celebrating and Disseminating Good practice across Health Professions, How the creation of a Virtual Locality Placement enabled student nurses to achieve practice hours during the pandemic, 05 May 2021, Virtual
- RCN Education Forum Virtual Conference and Exhibition 2021. Stepping up: educating the nursing workforce in challenging times, A virtual placement: An innovative initiative during a global pandemic, 20 Apr 2021, Virtual
- Bournemouth University Mentorship Conference, A Values Based 360 feedback Tool for Mentors-Evidence for Revalidation and CPD, 20 Nov 2017, Bournemouth-Salisbury campus
- Bournemouth University Mentor Conference 2017, A Values Based 360 feedback Tool for Mentors-Evidence for Revalidation and CPD, 04 Oct 2017, Bournemouth campus
- Growing the Nursing Workforce across Wessex, The Implementation of a Values Based Feedback Tool for Mentors on their Mentoring – An Innovation to Support the Quality of Mentorship in Clinical Practice, 06 Jun 2017, Winchester
- RCN Education Forum Conference, The implementation of a values based feedback tool for mentors on their mentoring-an innovation to support the quality of mentorship in clinical practice, 21 Mar 2017, Cardiff
- Keele University Mentor Conference, Vlaues Based Mentorship, 20 May 2015, Keele University
- RCN Education Forum Conference 2015, Values Based Recuitment for propsective mentors, 10 Mar 2015, University of Nottingham
- Royal Collge of Nursing Joint Education Forum International Conference, Closing the gap:a tripartite partnership approach to community care education for long term conditions, 21 Jun 2011, Belfast
- Transforming Learners, Transforming Lives Conference, Promoting parity of learning experiences for students with disabilities during practice placements, 18 Oct 2010, Centre for Excellence in Professional Placement Learning
- Royal College of Nursing Education Forum; partners in practice conference and exhibition, Mentor development and support for Private, Voluntary and Independent Sector placement providers, 19 Jul 2010, Blackpool
- Higher Education Research Group Conference, Modernising long term conditions education, 12 Apr 2010, University of Southampton
- Learning and Teaching week, The development of an eclectic toolbox to promote and enhance learning in practice, 22 Jun 2009, University of Southampton
- Royal College of Nursing Education Forum; partners in practice conference and exhibition, Strategies to increase mentors understanding of the Disability Discrimination Act and its implications, 16 Jul 2001, Blackpool, GB
- MA in Masters in Health Professional Education (University of Portsmouth, 2004)
- Registered Nurse Teacher in Nursing (Nursing & Midwifery Council, 2004)
- BSc (Hons) in Nursing (University of Southampton, 1995)
- Sigma European Recognition for Excellence in Nursing Education (SIGMA, 2021)
- Vice-Chancellor’s Staff Awards 2020 " Community Award" (Bournemouth University, 2020)
- Commended-High Performing Education and Training Team of the Year (NHS Health Education Wessex, 2015)
- Vice Chancellor's Teaching Award (University of Southampton, 2007)
- Vice Chancellors Teaching Award (University of Southampton, 2005)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Member (1995-),
- Royal College of Nursing, Member (1995-),