- 01202 962433
- rzia at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer (Academic) in Computer Animation
- Weymouth House W241, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
- Chang, J. and Zhang, J.J., 2009. Modelling Deformations in Car Crash animation. The Visual Computer.
- Chang, J., Zhang, J.J. and Zia, R., 2009. Modelling deformations in car crash animation. Visual Computer, 25 (12), 1063-1072.
- Zia, R., 2018. Rehan's Zone System. In: Electronic Visualisation and the Arts 10-12 July 2018 London.
- Zia, R., 2018. New technologies, same look - Crafting high dynamic range photographs to create a classical oil painting look. In: Thirteenth International Conference on The Arts in Society 27-29 June 2018 Vancouver B.C..
- Zia, R., 2015. The Brick Wall Project. In: 7th Annual Postgraduate Conference 20-21 January 2015 Bournemouth University Talbot Campus.
- Zia, R., 2014. Tonemapping Multi-shot Digital Photographs of Real World Environments. In: Ng, K. and Bowen, J., eds. Electronic Visualisation and the Arts London 2014 8-10 July 2014 London.
- Zia, R., 2013. Corfe Castle - In a Different Light. In: Electronic Visualisation and the Arts (EVA 2013) 29-31 July 2013 London, UK.
- Zia, R. and Udall, A., 2012. Identifying words that do not affect image judgment. In: 4th Annual PGR Conference 4 June 2012 Bournemouth University Talbot Campus.
- Chang, J., Zhang, J.J. and Rehan, Z., 2009. Fast Vehicle Crash Modelling for Games. In: IEEE First International Conference Games and Virtual Worlds for Serious Applications 23-24 March 2009 Technocentre Coventry University, UK.. IEEE Computer Society, 141-147.
- Zia, R.. The Brick Wall and Beyond. Photographic prints. The Atrium Gallery, Bournemouth University Talbot Campus. 17 January-7 February 2015.
- Zia, R.. Landscape Photography exhibition. Landscape Photography exhibition. Poole Lighthouse. 13 February-7 March 2015.
- Zia, R.. From Top to Bottom - Material Differences. Poole Lighthouse. 23 January-20 February 2016.
- Zia, R.. Rehan Zia Landscape Photography. Photographic prints. RSPB Arne. 27 May-29 July 2016.
- Zia, R.. North of Hadrian's Wall. Photographic prints. Corfe Castle Tea Rooms, The Square, Corfe Castle BH20 5EZ. 25 May 2013-24 May 2014.
- Cameron, J.. Cameron & Talbot Gallery Exhibition. The Old Blacksmiths/Grange Rd, Wareham BH20 5DG. 27 May 2016.
- Zia, R.. LandEscapes - Treading the line between fantasy and realism. Bourne Lounge, Bournemouth International Centre BH2 5BH. 6 December 2016-12 January 2017.
- Zia, R.. Purbeck Landscapes. Corfe Castle Tea Rooms, The Square, Corfe Castle, Wareham BH20 5EZ. 25 May 2013-24 May 2014.
- Zia, R.. Dorset Landscapes. Photographic prints. The Greyhound Inn, The Square, Corfe Castle, Wareham BH20 5EZ. 25 May 2013-4 January 2015.
- Zia, R.. Dorset Landscapes. Photographic prints. Lavish Life, 14 Westbourne Arcade, Bournemouth BH4 9AY. 24 May 2014-4 January 2015.
- Zia, R.. Purbeck Art Weeks 2016. Rollington Barn, Studland Road, Corfe Castle BH20 5JG. 28 May-12 June 2016.
Lighting and insights into photography practice, The Friends Meeting House, Boscombe, Bournemouth, 10 Feb 2016 more
Lecture on lighting and Rehan's professional photography practice exploring the technical and artistic challenges within landscape, portrait and wedding photography.
Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture, 16 Feb 2018 more
I presented my landscape and portrait photography work and practitioner insights into previsualising and capturing these images.
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Using case studies from his practice, Rehan will be providing insights into the photography capture and post-production process. You can view some of Rehan’s work at: www.rehanzia.net
- Rehan aims to create photoreal landscape images that lie on the cusp of fantasy and reality and challenge the viewer’s notion of the real and the unreal. The images on display primarily consist of local landscapes and seascapes.
- Digital Landscape Photography workshop
- MA in Digital Effects (Bournemouth University, 2007)
- MSc in Computer Science (Iqra University, 2004)
- BSc (Hons) in Computing (Staffordshire University, 2003)
The data on this page was last updated at 04:13 on February 15, 2019.