Dr Amor Abdelkader
- 01202 961109
- aabdelkader at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Associate Professor In Advanced Materials
- Poole House P312, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Amor Abdelkader received his PhD degree (2011) in Materials Science and Metallurgy from the University of Cambridge supervised by Professor Derek Fray, FRS. He then moved to study self-healing materials with Professor Sybrand van der Zwaag at the Delft University of Technology. In 2012, he Joined the school of materials at the University of Manchester to work in the graphene technologies. He then moved to the National Graphene Institute to work with Professor Sir Kostya Novoselov (a Nobel laureate in physics). Amor returned to Cambridge in 2016 where he was working with Professor Andrea Ferrari at the Cambridge Graphene Centre. In 2017, Amor was appointed as an associate professor of advanced materials at Bournemouth University. He has published over 40 papers, 20 patents, and 1 book chapter. His research activities cover a broad spectrum of materials topics ranging from newly discovered nanomaterials to traditional engineering materials such as alloys and ceramics. He also has a keen interest in the carbon dioxide sequestration.
Synthesis and Applications of Nanomaterials
The overarching theme of my research work revolves around the production, processing and applications of nanomaterials with a strong focus on the newly emerged two-dimensional (2D) materials. I study nanomaterials from their production through to their applications, in the belief that the full potential of these materials will only ever be achieved if all the steps before the final products are optimised. My research on the processing of 2D materials includes their functionalization, inks formulation, printing, and assembly into controlled architectures. My research on applications concentrates on energy storage/harvesting, wearable electronics, composites, and thermal management applications. I also have a keen interest in the electrochemical CO2 sequestration, and I am working on developing new processes for the conversion of CO2 into carbon functional materials.
Electrochemical Energy Storage Devices
In parallel with my interest in the 2D materials technology, I have a keen interest in energy storage devices. I develop new porous structures suitable for Li-ion batteries, supercapacitors and capacitive deionisation cells. Examples of my recent work and current projects include developing 3D interconnect LiFePO4, nanotubes of Li-Mn layered oxides; carbon coated silicon nanoparticles, cobalt–ferrite twin elliptical frustums, Mg-doped olivine nanofibers, zinc germinate nanosheets and bio-derivative carbon microtubes. I am also starting new research activities in Bournemouth exploring the molten metal batteries and other high-temperature batteries... My group is also working on developing novel concepts to recycle spent Li-batteries.more
- Chandrasekaran, S., Hu, R., Yao, L., Sui, L., Liu, Y., Abdelkader, A., Li, Y., Ren, X. and Deng, L., 2023. Mutual Self-Regulation of d-Electrons of Single Atoms and Adjacent Nanoparticles for Bifunctional Oxygen Electrocatalysis and Rechargeable Zinc-Air Batteries. Nano-Micro Letters, 15 (1).
- Fernando, N., Kannan, H., Robles Hernandez, F.C., Ajayan, P.M., Meiyazhagan, A. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2023. Graphitic nanostructure integrated NiO composites for high-performance lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Energy Storage, 71.
- Coombs, T., Abdelkader, A., Tang, L., Al-Jumeily, D. and Assi, S., 2023. Rapid detection of synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists impregnated into paper by attenuated total reflectance Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Journal of Forensic Sciences, 68 (6), 1906-1912.
Kong, L., Li, Z., Zhu, W., Ratwani, C.R., Fernando, N., Karunarathne, S., Abdelkader, A.M., Kamali, A.R. and Shi, Z., 2023. Sustainable regeneration of high-performance LiCoO
2from completely failed lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 640, 1080-1088.
- Ratwani, C.R., Zhao, S., Huang, Y., Hadfield, M., Kamali, A.R. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2023. Surface Modification of Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Nanosheets for Intrinsically Self-Healing Hydrogels with Enhanced Mechanical Properties. Small, 19 (22).
- Abdelkader, A.M., 2023. Insights into the electrolyte changes during the electro-deoxidation of niobium oxide cathode. Electrochimica Acta, 443.
- Guimarey, M.J.G., Ratwani, C.R., Xie, K., Koohgilani, M., Hadfield, M., Kamali, A.R. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2023. Multifunctional steel surface through the treatment with graphene and h-BN. Tribology International, 180.
- Mashaal, H., Abdelkarim, A., Dawood, A., Abd El-Aziz, H., Gamal, H., Allh M. Abd El-Hamid, A., Mira, H. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2023. Understanding the behaviour of a niobium oxide cathode in a molten chloride bath using different DC voltammetric techniques. Electrochemistry Communications, 147.
- Ratwani, C.R., Kamali, A.R. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2023. Self-healing by Diels-Alder cycloaddition in advanced functional polymers: A review. Progress in Materials Science, 131.
- Yan, Z., Guimarey, M.J.G., Parvez, K., Dun, C., Read, O., Forrest, T., Urban, J.J., Abdelkader, A., Casiraghi, C. and Mirihanage, W., 2023. Nanoscale insights into the structure of solution-processed graphene by x-ray scattering. 2D Materials, 10 (1).
- Coombs, T., Abdelkader, A., Ginige, T., Van Calster, P. and Assi, S., 2023. Understanding synthetic drug analogues among the homeless population from the perspectives of the public: thematic analysis of Twitter data. Journal of Substance Use.
- Coombs, T., Ginige, T., Van Calster, P., Abdelkader, A., Corazza, O. and Assi, S., 2023. New Psychoactive Substances in the Homeless Population: A Cross-Sectional Study in the United Kingdom. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction.
- Dulal, M., Islam, M.R., Maiti, S., Islam, M.H., Ali, I., Abdelkader, A.M., Novoselov, K.S., Afroj, S. and Karim, N., 2023. Smart and Multifunctional Fiber-Reinforced Composites of 2D Heterostructure-Based Textiles. Advanced Functional Materials.
- Abo-Zeid, M.M., El-Moghny, M.G.A., Shawkey, H., Daher, A.M., Abdelkader, A.M. and El-Deab, M.S., 2023. Metal oxide stabilized zirconia modified bio-derived carbon nanosheets as efficient electrocatalysts for oxygen evolution reaction. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry.
- Sun, Z., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2022. Expanding the active charge carriers of polymer electrolytes in lithium-based batteries using an anion-hosting cathode. Nature Communications, 13 (1).
- Li, X., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2022. Quasi-Solid-State Ion-Conducting Arrays Composite Electrolytes with Fast Ion Transport Vertical-Aligned Interfaces for All-Weather Practical Lithium-Metal Batteries. Nano-Micro Letters, 14 (1).
- Coombs, T., Abdelkader, A., Al-Jumeily, D. and Assi, S., 2022. Rapid Detection of Synthetic Cannabinoid Receptor Agonists Impregnated into Paper by Raman Spectroscopy. Arab Journal of Forensic Sciences and Forensic Medicine, 4 (2), 68-76.
- Boroujerdi, R., Paul, R. and Abdelkader, A., 2022. Rapid Detection of Amitriptyline in Dried Blood and Dried Saliva Samples with Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy. Sensors, 22 (21).
- Wang, J., Abdelkader, A.M. et al., 2022. Highly aligned lithiophilic electrospun nanofiber membrane for the multiscale suppression of Li dendrite growth. eScience, 2 (6), 655-665.
- Yan, Z., Abdelkader, A. and Mirihanage, W., 2022. Layered structure transformations and exfoliation of h-BN during thermal cycling. Applied Physics Letters, 121 (18).
- Deng, H., Wei, W., Yao, L., Zheng, Z., Li, B., Abdelkader, A. and Deng, L., 2022. Potential-Mediated Recycling of Copper From Brackish Water by an Electrochemical Copper Pump. Advanced Science, 9 (30).
- Alhindawy, I.G., Mira, H.I., Youssef, A.O., Abdelwahab, S.M., Zaher, A.A., El-Said, W.A., Elshehy, E.A. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2022. Cobalt doped titania-carbon nanosheets with induced oxygen vacancies for photocatalytic degradation of uranium complexes in radioactive wastes. Nanoscale Advances, 4 (24), 5330-5342.
- Boroujerdi, R., Abdelkader, A. and Paul, R., 2022. Highly Sensitive and Selective Detection of the Antidepressant Amitriptyline Using a Functionalised Graphene-Based Sensor. ChemNanoMat, 8 (10).
- Karunarathne, T.S.E.F., Sandaruwan, C., Wijesinghe, W.P.S.L., Karalasignham, A., Abdelkader, A.M., Amaratunga, G.A.J. and de Silva, S.G.M., 2022. Development of universal fabric dyeing and adhesion through RF glow discharge plasma treatment. Vacuum, 204.
- Bin, C., Yi, Y., Zhicheng, S., Qiang, W., Abdelkader, A., Kamali, A.R. and Montalvão, D., 2022. Effects of particle size on the separation efficiency in a rotary-drum eddy current separator. Powder Technology, 410.
- Alhindawy, I.G., Elshehy, E.A., Youssef, A.O., Abdelwahab, S.M., Zaher, A.A., El-Said, W.A., Mira, H.I. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2022. Improving the photocatalytic performance of cobalt-doped titania nanosheets by induced oxygen vacancies for efficient degradation of organic pollutants. Nano-Structures and Nano-Objects, 31.
- Boroujerdi, R., Abdelkader, A. and Paul, R., 2022. Highly selective detection of ethanol in biological fluids and alcoholic drinks using indium ethylenediamine functionalized graphene. Sensors and Diagnostics, 1 (3), 566-578.
- Wang, W., Xi, K., Li, B., Li, H., Liu, S., Wang, J., Zhao, H., Abdelkader, A.M., Gao, X. and Li, G., 2022. A Sustainable Multipurpose Separator Directed Against the Shuttle Effect of Polysulfides for High-Performance Lithium–Sulfur Batteries. Advanced Energy Materials, 12 (19).
- Islam, M.R., Afroj, S., Beach, C., Islam, M.H., Parraman, C., Abdelkader, A., Casson, A.J., Novoselov, K.S. and Karim, N., 2022. Fully printed and multifunctional graphene-based wearable e-textiles for personalized healthcare applications. iScience, 25 (3).
- Chen, S., Abdelkader, A.M. et al., 2022. Nickel Quantum Dots Anchored in Biomass-Derived Nitrogen-Doped Carbon as Bifunctional Electrocatalysts for Overall Water Splitting. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 9 (7).
- Zhong, Y., Abdelkader, A.M. et al., 2022. Polyoxometalate Ionic Sponge Enabled Dendrite‑Free and Highly Stable Lithium Metal Anode. Small Methods, 6 (3).
- Tolan, D.A., Elshehy, E.A., El-Said, W.A., Taketsugu, T., Yoshizawa, K., El-Nahas, A.M., Kamali, A.R. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2022. Cubically cage-shaped mesoporous ordered silica for simultaneous visual detection and removal of uranium ions from contaminated seawater. Microchimica Acta, 189 (1).
- Fernando, N., Veldhuizen, H., Nagai, A., Van der Zwaag, S. and Abdelkader, A., 2022. Layer-by-layer electrode fabrication for improved performance of porous polyimide-based supercapacitors. Materials, 15 (1).
- Fernando, N., Chinnappan, A., Aziz, A., Abdelkader, A., Ramakrishna, S. and Welland, M.E., 2021. Flexible free-standing Ni-Mn oxide antenna decorated CNT/nanofiber membrane for high-volumetric capacitance supercapacitors. Nanoscale, 13 (45), 19038-19048.
- Abdelmageed, N., El-Said, W.A., Younes, A.A., Atrees, M.S., Farag, A.B., Elshehy, E.A. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2021. Facile synthesis of silica-polymer monoliths using nonionic triblock copolymer surfactant for efficient removal of radioactive pollutants from contaminated seawater. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 138 (43).
- Guimarey, M.J.G., Viesca, J.L., Abdelkader, A.M., Thomas, B., Hernández Battez, A. and Hadfield, M., 2021. Electrochemically exfoliated graphene and molybdenum disulfide nanoplatelets as lubricant additives. Journal of Molecular Liquids, 342.
- Zhang, B., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2021. Effect of loading methods on the performance of hierarchical porous carbon/sulfur composites in lithium sulfur batteries. Electrochimica Acta, 388.
- Zhang, L., Li, Y., Wang, W., Zhang, W., Zuo, Q., Abdelkader, A., Xi, K., Heynderickx, P.M. and Kim, K.H., 2021. The potential of microplastics as adsorbents of sodium dodecyl benzene sulfonate and chromium in an aqueous environment. Environmental Research, 197.
- Min, X., Xiao, J., Fang, M., Wang, W., Zhao, Y., Liu, Y., Abdelkader, A.M., Xi, K., Kumar, R.V. and Huang, Z., 2021. Potassium-ion batteries: Outlook on present and future technologies. Energy and Environmental Science, 14 (4), 2186-2243.
- Qu, J., Zhang, K., Gamal, H., Wang, J. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2021. Triple-shell NiO hollow sphere for p-type dye-sensitized solar cell with superior light harvesting. Solar Energy, 216, 238-244.
- Wu, H., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2021. Blowing Iron Chalcogenides into Two-Dimensional Flaky Hybrids with Superior Cyclability and Rate Capability for Potassium-Ion Batteries. ACS Nano, 15 (2), 2506-2519.
- Zoromba, M.S., Al-Hossainy, A.F., Rzaigui, M., Abdelkader, A., Alresheedi, F., El Azab, I.H. and Eissa, F.M., 2021. Facile synthesis of single-crystal of o-phenylene diamine dihydrochloride as a polychloride and fabrication of high-performance semiconductor thin film. Optical Materials, 112.
- Lu, S., Abdelkader, A.M. et al., 2021. Iron Selenide Microcapsules as Universal Conversion-Typed Anodes for Alkali Metal-Ion Batteries. Small, 17 (8).
- Guimarey, M.J.G., Abdelkader, A.M., Comuñas, M.J.P., Alvarez-Lorenzo, C., Thomas, B., Fernández, J. and Hadfield, M., 2021. Comparison between thermophysical and tribological properties of two engine lubricant additives: electrochemically exfoliated graphene and molybdenum disulfide nanoplatelets. Nanotechnology, 32 (2).
- Wang, J., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2020. Suppressing the Shuttle Effect and Dendrite Growth in Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. ACS Nano, 14 (8), 9819-9831.
- Afroj, S., Tan, S., Abdelkader, A.M., Novoselov, K.S. and Karim, N., 2020. Highly Conductive, Scalable, and Machine Washable Graphene-Based E-Textiles for Multifunctional Wearable Electronic Applications. Advanced Functional Materials, 30 (23).
- Backes, C. et al., 2020. Production and processing of graphene and related materials. 2D Materials, 7 (2).
- Boroujerdi, R., Abdelkader, A. and Paul, R., 2020. State of the Art in Alcohol Sensing with 2D Materials. Nano-Micro Letters, 12 (1).
- Zhu, J., Abdelkader, A., Demko, D., Deng, L., Zhang, P., He, T., Wang, Y. and Huang, L., 2020. Electrocatalytic assisted performance enhancement for the Na-S battery in nitrogen-doped carbon nanospheres loaded with Fe. Molecules, 25 (7).
- Qu, J., Fan, Z., Mira, H., Wang, J., Abdelkader, A.M. and Ding, S., 2020. Hierarchical NiO/CmK-3 photocathode for a P-type dye-sensitized solar cell with improved photoelectrochemical performance and fast hole transfer. Molecules, 25 (7).
- Yan, Z., Abdelkader, A., Day, S., Tang, C., Casiraghi, C. and Mirihanage, W., 2020. In situ probing of the thermal treatment of h-BN towards exfoliation. Nanotechnology, 32 (10).
- Zhang, B., Wang, H., Liu, C., Li, D., Kim, H.K., Harris, C., Lao, C.Y., Abdelkader, A. and Xi, K., 2019. Facile mechanochemical synthesis of non-stoichiometric silica-carbon composite for enhanced lithium storage properties. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 801, 658-665.
- Lu, S., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2019. Construction of ultrafine ZnSe nanoparticles on/in amorphous carbon hollow nanospheres with high-power-density sodium storage. Nano Energy, 59, 762-772.
Daneshvar, F., Aziz, A., Abdelkader, A.M., Zhang, T., Sue, H.J. and Welland, M.E., 2019. Porous SnO
2-Cu xO nanocomposite thin film on carbon nanotubes as electrodes for high performance supercapacitors. Nanotechnology, 30 (1).
Min, X., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2019. A textile-based SnO
2ultra-flexible electrode for lithium-ion batteries. Energy Storage Materials, 16, 597-606.
Liu, S., Mei, L., Liang, X., Liao, L., Lv, G., Ma, S., Lu, S., Abdelkader, A. and Xi, K., 2018. Anchoring Fe
3O 4Nanoparticles on Carbon Nanotubes for Microwave-Induced Catalytic Degradation of Antibiotics. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 10 (35), 29467-29475.
Gao, G., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2018. CTAB-assisted growth of self-supported Zn
2GeO 4nanosheet network on a conductive foam as a binder-free electrode for long-life lithium-ion batteries. Nanoscale, 10 (3), 921-929.
- Abdelkader, A.M. and Fray, D.J., 2017. Controlled electrochemical doping of graphene-based 3D nanoarchitecture electrodes for supercapacitors and capacitive deionisation. Nanoscale, 9 (38), 14548-14557.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Karim, N., Vallés, C., Afroj, S., Novoselov, K.S. and Yeates, S.G., 2017. Ultraflexible and robust graphene supercapacitors printed on textiles for wearable electronics applications. 2D Materials, 4 (3).
- Zoromba, M.S., Abdel-Aziz, M.H., Bassyouni, M., Gutub, S., Demko, D. and Abdelkader, A., 2017. Electrochemical Activation of Graphene at Low Temperature: The Synthesis of Three-Dimensional Nanoarchitectures for High Performance Supercapacitors and Capacitive Deionization. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 5 (6), 4573-4581.
- Xiang, Y., Abdelkader, A. et al., 2017. Quick one-pot synthesis of amorphous carbon-coated cobalt-ferrite twin elliptical frustums for enhanced lithium storage capability. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5 (17), 8062-8069.
- Ma, D., Zhang, P., Li, Y., Abdelkader, A.M., Singh, D.P., Ren, X. and Deng, L., 2016. 3D Networks of Carbon-Coated Magnesium-Doped Olivine Nanofiber as Binder-Free Cathodes for High-Performance Li-Ion Battery. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 3 (17).
- Abdelkader, A.M. and Kinloch, I.A., 2016. Mechanochemical Exfoliation of 2D Crystals in Deep Eutectic Solvents. ACS Sustainable Chemistry and Engineering, 4 (8), 4465-4472.
Ma, D., Li, Y., Zhang, P., Cooper, A.J., Abdelkader, A.M., Ren, X. and Deng, L., 2016. Mesoporous Li
1.2Mn 0.54Ni 0.13Co 0.13O 2nanotubes for high-performance cathodes in Li-ion batteries. Journal of Power Sources, 311, 35-41.
Abdelkader, A.M., 2016. Molten salts electrochemical synthesis of Cr
2AlC. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 36 (1), 33-42.
- Deng, L., Fang, H., Zhang, P., Abdelkader, A., Ren, X., Li, Y. and Xie, N., 2016. Nitrogen and sulfur dual-doped carbon microtubes with enhanced performances for oxygen reduction reaction. Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 163 (5), H343-H349.
- Sole, C., Drewett, N.E., Liu, F., Abdelkader, A.M., Kinloch, I.A. and Hardwick, L.J., 2015. The role of re-aggregation on the performance of electrochemically exfoliated many-layer graphene for Li-ion batteries. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 753, 35-41.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Patten, H.V., Li, Z., Chen, Y. and Kinloch, I.A., 2015. Electrochemical exfoliation of graphite in quaternary ammonium-based deep eutectic solvents: a route for the mass production of graphane. Nanoscale, 7 (26), 11386-11392.
- Vallés, C., Abdelkader, A.M., Young, R.J. and Kinloch, I.A., 2015. The effect of flake diameter on the reinforcement of few-layer graphene-PMMA composites. Composites Science and Technology, 111, 17-22.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Cooper, A.J., Dryfe, R.A.W. and Kinloch, I.A., 2015. How to get between the sheets: A review of recent works on the electrochemical exfoliation of graphene materials from bulk graphite. Nanoscale, 7 (16), 6944-6956.
- Abdelkader, A.M., 2015. Electrochemical synthesis of highly corrugated graphene sheets for high performance supercapacitors. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 3 (16), 8519-8525.
- Vallés, C., Abdelkader, A.M., Young, R.J. and Kinloch, I.A., 2014. Few layer graphene-polypropylene nanocomposites: The role of flake diameter. Faraday Discussions, 173, 379-390.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Vallés, C., Cooper, A.J., Kinloch, I.A. and Dryfe, R.A.W., 2014. Alkali reduction of graphene oxide in molten halide salts: Production of corrugated graphene derivatives for high-performance supercapacitors. ACS Nano, 8 (11), 11225-11233.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Kinloch, I.A. and Dryfe, R.A.W., 2014. High-yield electro-oxidative preparation of graphene oxide. Chemical Communications, 50 (61), 8402-8404.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Kinloch, I.A. and Dryfe, R.A.W., 2014. Continuous electrochemical exfoliation of micrometer-sized graphene using synergistic ion intercalations and organic solvents. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 6 (3), 1632-1639.
- Deng, L., Young, R.J., Kinloch, I.A., Abdelkader, A.M., Holmes, S.M., De Haro-Del Rio, D.A. and Eichhorn, S.J., 2013. Supercapacitance from cellulose and carbon nanotube nanocomposite fibers. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 5 (20), 9983-9990.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Kilby, K.T., Cox, A. and Fray, D.J., 2013. DC voltammetry of electro-deoxidation of solid oxides. Chemical Reviews, 113 (5), 2863-2886.
Singh, D.P., Mulder, F.M., Abdelkader, A.M. and Wagemaker, M., 2013. Facile micro templating LiFePO
4electrodes for high performance Li-ion batteries. Advanced Energy Materials, 3 (5), 572-578.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Garcia, S.J. and Zwaag, S.V.D., 2013. Filling of surface cracks in MAX phase ceramics using cathodic electrophoretic deposition. Ceramics International, 39 (3), 3429-3433.
- Abdelkader, A.M. and Fray, D.J., 2013. Synthesis of self-passivated, and carbide-stabilized zirconium nanopowder. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 15 (12).
- Abdelkader, A.M. and Fray, D.J., 2012. Electrochemical synthesis of hafnium carbide powder in molten chloride bath and its densification. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 32 (16), 4481-4487.
- Abdelkader, A.M. and Fray, D.J., 2012. Electro-deoxidation of hafnium dioxide and niobia-doped hafnium dioxide in molten calcium chloride. Electrochimica Acta, 64, 10-16.
Abdelkader, A.M., Hyslop, D.J.S., Cox, A. and Fray, D.J., 2010. Electrochemical synthesis and characterization of a NdCo
5permanent magnet. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 20 (29), 6039-6049.
- Hyslop, D.J.S., Abdelkader, A.M., Cox, A. and Fray, D.J., 2010. Utilization of constant current chronopotentiometry to synthesize a Co-Cr alloy. Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 157 (7).
- Hyslop, D.J.S., Abdelkader, A.M., Cox, A. and Fray, D.J., 2010. Electrochemical synthesis of a biomedically important Co-Cr alloy. Acta Materialia, 58 (8), 3124-3130.
- Abdelkader, A.M. and Fray, D.J., 2010. Direct electrochemical preparation of Nb-10Hf-1Ti alloy. Electrochimica Acta, 55 (8), 2924-2931.
Abdelkader, A.M. and Daher, A., 2009. Preparation of hafnium powder by calciothermic reduction of HfO
2in molten chloride bath. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 469 (1-2), 571-575.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Daher, A. and El-Kashef, E., 2008. Novel decomposition method for zircon. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 460 (1-2), 577-580.
Abdelkader, A.M. and El-Kashif, E., 2007. Calciothermic reduction of zirconium oxide in molten CaCl
2. ISIJ International, 47 (1), 25-31.
- Abdelkader, A.M., Daher, A., Abdelkareem, R.A. and El-Kashif, E., 2007. Preparation of zirconium metal by the electrochemical reduction of zirconium oxide. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B: Process Metallurgy and Materials Processing Science, 38 (1), 35-44.
- Karim, N., Afroj, S., Leech, D. and Abdelkader, A.M., 2021. Flexible and Wearable Graphene-Based E-Textiles. Oxide Electronics. 21-49.
- Hsieh, T.-H., Lin, H.-K., Cheng, Y.-H., Bazarnik, P., Wang, C.T., Huang, Y., Abdelkader, A. and Langdon, T.G., 2023. Analysis of surface characteristics of TNTZ by high-pressure torsion and laser texture. In: LPM 2023: The 24th International Symposium on Laser Precision Microfabrication 13-16 June 2023 Hirosaki, Aomori, Japan.
- Bin, C., Yi, Y., Qiang, W., Abdelkader, A., Kamali, A.R. and Montalvao, D., 2023. Optimization Principles of Eddy Current Separator for Mixtures with Different Particle Sizes. In: EnSci - International Conference on Engineering & Sciences 27-28 April 2023 London, UK.
- Green, I., Ginige, T., Abdelkader, A., Demir, M. and Figen Doker, Y., 2018. Accumulation of PTEs in agricultural soils: A Case Study showing the inability of the current legal order and legislation to ensure sustainable food production. In: 6th European Environmental Law Forum annual conference - Environmental loss & damage: attribution, liability, compensation and restoration 12-14 September 2018 Como, Italy.
- Afroj, S., Karim, M.N., Abdelkader, A., Casson, A. and Yeates, S., 2016. Inkjet printing of graphene inks for wearable electronic applications. International Conference on Digital Printing Technologies, 480-481.
- Fushiwaki, Y., Abdelkader, A.M. and Young, R.J., 2015. Investigation of interaction between graphene and steel using raman spectroscopy. NSTI: Advanced Materials - TechConnect Briefs 2015, 1, 191-194.
- Kinloch, I.A., Gong, L., Li, Z.L., Valles, C., Ruju, A., Abdelkader, A.M. and Young, R.J., 2015. Structural graphene composites: Taking the lessons of fundamental studies through to bulk composites. ICCM International Conferences on Composite Materials, 2015-July.
Abdelkader, A.M., Hyslop, D.J.S., Cox, A. and Fray, D.J., 2009. Aspects of the preparation of NdCo
5intermetallic via the FFC-Cambridge process. Materials Science and Technology Conference and Exhibition 2009, MS and T'09, 3, 1961-1973.
- University of Cambridge, Visiting Scientist (2017-)
- Nano-Structures & Nano-Objects, Editorial Board member
- ACS Nano, Anonymous peer review, 02 Sep 2017
- Nanoscale, Anonymous peer review, 01 Jul 2015
- Journal of power sources, 01 Jan 2015