Dr Daisy Fan
- 01202 961526
- dfan at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer
- Dorset House D122, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Back to top
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
- Lin, J.H., Fan, D.X.F., Tsaur, S.H. and Tsai, Y.R., 2021. Tourists’ cultural competence: A cosmopolitan perspective among Asian tourists. Tourism Management, 83.
- Ma, X.L., Dai, M.L. and Fan, D.X.F., 2020. Cooperation or confrontation? Exploring stakeholder relationships in rural tourism land expropriation. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 28 (11), 1841-1859.
- Liu, Y., Yao, Y. and Fan, D.X.F., 2020. Evaluating Tourism Market Regulation from Tourists’ Perspective: Scale Development and Validation. Journal of Travel Research, 59 (6), 975-992.
- Liu, A.X., Hsu, C.H.C. and Fan, D.X.F., 2020. From brand identity to brand equity: a multilevel analysis of the organization–employee bidirectional effects in upscale hotels. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 32 (7), 2285-2304.
- Luo, J.M., Lam, C.F. and Fan, D.X.F., 2020. The development of measurement scale for entertainment tourism experience: a case study in Macau. Current Issues in Tourism, 23 (7), 852-866.
- Qiu, D., Lin, P.M.C., Feng, S.Y., Peng, K.L. and Fan, D., 2020. The future of Airbnb in China: industry perspective from hospitality leaders. Tourism Review, 75 (4), 609-624.
- Ma, X.L., Dai, M.L. and Fan, D.X.F., 2020. Land expropriation in tourism development: Residents' attitudinal change and its influencing mechanism. Tourism Management, 76.
- Liu, A., Fan, D.X.F. and Qiu, R.T.R., 2020. Does Culture Affect Tourism Demand? A Global Perspective. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research.
- Qian, J., Law, R. and Fan, D.X.F., 2020. Exploring tourists' experience at private social dining: Dimensionality and satisfaction. International Journal of Tourism Research.
- Fan, D.X.F., Qiu, H., Jenkins, C.L. and Lau, C., 2020. Towards a better tourist-host relationship: the role of social contact between tourists’ perceived cultural distance and travel attitude. Journal of Sustainable Tourism.
- Fan, D.X.F., Hsu, C.H.C. and Lin, B., 2020. Tourists’ experiential value co-creation through online social contacts: Customer-dominant logic perspective. Journal of Business Research, 108, 163-173.
- Qin, Y., Gu, H., Li, B. and Fan, D., 2019. The Chinese hospitality industry: a perspective article. Tourism Review, 75 (1), 117-121.
- Yao, B., Qiu, R.T.R., Fan, D.X.F., Liu, A. and Buhalis, D., 2019. Standing out from the crowd – an exploration of signal attributes of Airbnb listings. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 31 (12), 4520-4542.
- Lin, P.M.C., Qiu Zhang, H., Hung, K., Lin, B. and Fan, D.X.F., 2019. Stakeholders’ views of travelers’ choice of Airbnb. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 36 (9), 1037-1049.
- Fan, D.X.F., Buhalis, D. and Lin, B., 2019. A tourist typology of online and face-to-face social contact: Destination immersion and tourism encapsulation/decapsulation. Annals of Tourism Research, 78.
- Lau, C.K.H., Fan, D.X.F., Milne, S., Qiu, H. and Sun, M., 2019. Chinese venturers to Pacific Small Island Developing States: Travel and lifestyle. International Journal of Tourism Research, 21 (5), 665-674.
- Lin, P., Fan, X., Zhang, H. and Lau, C., 2019. Spend Less and Experience More: Understanding Tourists’ Social Contact in the Airbnb Context. International journal of hospitality management.
- Fan, D.X.F., Liu, A. and Qiu, R.T.R., 2019. Revisiting the relationship between host attitudes and tourism development: A utility maximization approach. Tourism Economics, 25 (2), 171-188.
- Qiu, H., Fan, D.X.F., Lyu, J., Lin, P.M.C. and Jenkins, C.L., 2019. Analyzing the Economic Sustainability of Tourism Development: Evidence from Hong Kong. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research, 43 (2), 226-248.
- Fan, D., Buhalis, D. and Lin, B., 2019. Tourists' online and face-to-face social contact and destination immersion. e-Review of Tourism Research, 16 (2-3), 224-233.
- Fan, D.X.F., Zhang, H.Q., Jenkins, C.L. and Lin, P.M.C., 2017. Does Tourist–Host Social Contact Reduce Perceived Cultural Distance? Journal of Travel Research, 56 (8), 998-1010.
- Fan, D.X.F., Zhang, H.Q., Jenkins, C.L. and Tavitiyaman, P., 2017. Tourist typology in social contact: An addition to existing theories. Tourism Management, 60, 357-366.
- Fan, D.X.F., 2017. 35th International Society of Travel & Tourism Educators (ISTTE) annual conference, “Global Strategies in Tourism & Hospitality Education”, Hangzhou, China, October 12–14, 2016. Journal of Teaching in Travel and Tourism, 17 (2), 135-137.
- Qiu Zhang, H., Fan, D.X.F., Tse, T.S.M. and King, B., 2017. Creating a scale for assessing socially sustainable tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 25 (1), 61-78.
- Fan, D.X.F., Zhang, H.Q., Jenkins, C.L. and Lin, P.M.C., 2016. Does social contact lessen perceived cultural distance? Evidence from tourist–host social contact. Annals of Tourism Research, 61, 223-225.
- Fan, D.X.F., 2016. The 21st Annual Graduate Education and Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism: 7–9 January 2016, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Anatolia, 27 (4), 549-551.
- Fan, D.X.F., Qiu, H., Hsu, C.H.C. and Liu, Z.G., 2015. Comparing Motivations and Intentions of Potential Cruise Passengers from Different Demographic Groups: The Case of China. Journal of China Tourism Research, 11 (4), 461-480.
- Chen, C., Shen, H. and Fan, D.X.F., 2015. Hai Di Lao Hot Pot: From Employee Stimulation to Service Innovation. Journal of China Tourism Research, 11 (3), 337-348.
- Fan, D.X.F. and Hsu, C.H.C., 2014. Potential Mainland Chinese Cruise Travelers' Expectations, Motivations, and Intentions. Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 31 (4), 522-535.
- Lin, P.M.C., Fan, D.X.F., Zhang, H.Q. and Lau, C., 2019. Spend less and experience more: Understanding tourists’ social contact in the Airbnb context. 65-73.
- Fan, X., Buhalis, D. and Fragkaki, E., 2019. Towards a Better Quality of Life: Value Co-Creation with the Active Elderly in Leisure Service. In: Leisure Studies Association Annual Conference 9-11 July 2019 Dundee, UK.
- Fan, X., Liu, A., Wu, D. and Li, G., 2019. The impact of social contact on diaspora tourism – A mediating role of social identities. In: 2019 APacCHRIE & EuroCHRIE Joint Conference 22-25 May 2019 Hong Kong, SAR.
- Fan, X., 2019. The Role of Social Contact between Perceived Cultural Distance and Travel Attitude. In: Travel and Tourism Research Association 2019 European Chapter Conference 8-10 April 2019 Bournemouth, UK.
- Fan, X., Buhalis, D. and Lin, B., 2019. Online and Face-to-Face Social Contact and Tourists’ Destination Immersion. In: 26th annual ENTER2019 eTourism Conference 29 January-1 February 2019 Nicosia, Cyprus. Texas A & M University.
- Fan, D.X.F. and Liu, A., 2019. The effects of online and face-to-face experiential value co-creation on tourists' wellbeing. 385-393.
- Hoang, M.L. and Fan, X., 2018. A Study of Onefinestay’s guest experience in comparison to high-end hotels: Evidence from Onefinestay’s blog analysis. In: 27th Council for Hospitality Management Education (CHME) Annual Research Conference 21-25 May 2018 Bournemouth University, UK.
- Qiu, R., Fan, X. and Liu, A., 2017. Exploring the Booking Determinants of the Airbnb Properties: An Example of the Listings of London. In: Annual eTourism Conference (ENTER) 24-26 January 2018 Jönköping, Sweden. Springer, 44-51.
- Fan, X., Liu, A. and Qiu, R.T., 2017. The Impact of the Culture Distance on Tourism Demand--An Econometric Method from a Global Perspective. In: Advances in Tourism Marketing Conferences 2017 6-9 September 2017 Casablanca, Morocco.
- Lau, C.K.H., Qiu, H.Q., Fan, X. and Milne, S., 2017. Exploring Chinese Tourists’ Constraints and Facilitators of Traveling to Pacific SIDS. In: 3rd Global Tourism and Hospitality Conference 5-7 June 2017 Hong Kong.
- Lau, C., Qiu, H.Q., Milne, S., Fan, X. and Sun, M., 2017. Getting Ready for the Chinese Wave: Exploring the Tourism Social Sustainability in Pacific SIDS. In: The 27th Council for Australasian Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE) Annual Conference 7-10 February 2017 Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Fan, X. and Qiu, H.Q., 2016. Exploring the Dimensionality of Tourist-Host Social Contact and the Typology of Tourists. In: The 21st Annual Graduate Education and Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism 7-9 January 2016 Philadelphia, PA, US.
- Qiu, H.Q., Fan, X., Tse, T. and Lin, P.M.C., 2015. Scale Development for Social Sustainability of Tourism. In: The 2015 Annual ICHRIE Summer Conference 29-31 July 2015 Orlando, FL, US.
- Qiu, H.Q., FAN, X. and Bai, B., 2015. Antecedents of Switching Behavior in the Hotel Industry. In: The 5th Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management Conference 18-21 June 2015 Beppu, Japan.
- Fan, X. and Qiu, H.Q., 2014. Cultural Distance Research in Tourist Behavior - Review and Critique. In: The 11thNew Zealand Tourism and Hospitality Research Conference 9-12 December 2014 Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Fan, X., 2014. Cultural Differences and Travel Experience - Evidence from Hong Kong Residents Traveling to Mainland China. In: The 12th APacCHRIE Conference 21-24 May 2014 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Fan, X. and Qiu, H.Q., 2014. An Exploratory Study of Demographic Influences on Cruisers’ Motivation and Intention. In: The 19th Annual Graduate Education and Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism 3-5 January 2014 Houston, TX.
- Fan, X. and Hsu, C.H.C., 2011. Relationship among Expectation, Motivation, and Intention of Chinese Cruise Travelers. In: 2011 17th Asia Pacific Tourism Association Conference 3-6 July 2011 Seoul, Korea.
- Stay or Move? Exploring Chinese senior empty-nesters’ social wellbeing (Bournemouth University-QR funding, 01 Jul 2019). Awarded
- Towards a Better Quality of Life: Value Co-Creation in Leisure with the Active Elderly (British Academy, 01 Oct 2018). Awarded
- Inclusive Innovation in Tourism for Enhanced Local Experience (British Council / Newton Fund Research Links Programme, 28 Aug 2018). Completed
- Exploring the effects of online and offline social contact on tourists’ experience co-creation (Bournemouth University-Acorn Fund, 19 Jun 2018). Completed
- Exploring tourists’ online social contact and travel experience (Bournemouth University-Early Career Research Funding, 01 Mar 2018). Completed
- Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, Associate Editor (2019-), https://www.tandfonline.com/action/journalInformation?show=editorialBoard&journalCode=wqah20
- Tourism Review, Assistant Editor (2017-), http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/editorial_team.htm?id=TR
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Invited Speaker for the Public Policy Exchange Forum: "Tourism in the UK: Building for the Future and Supporting Further Growth ", London
- Invited Speaker for "The Over 50s Holiday Market" hosted by Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), London
- Keynote Speaker for Denkmal-International trade fair for heritage preservation, restoration and museum technology, Moscow, Russia 5-7 Nov. 2019
- Guest Lecturer for The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA) , Moscow, Russia, 5 Nov. 2019
- Guest Lecturer for Nankai University, China, April 2020
- Guest Lecturer for City University Of Macau, Macau, SAR, May 2020
- Thea Sinclair Award for Journal Article Excellence (Sage Publishing, Tourism Economics, 2020)
- 2019 Outstanding Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research Best Paper of the Year (International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (ICHRIE), 2019)
- You're Brilliant Teaching Award (Bournemouth University, 2018)
- The Higher Education Academy, Senior Fellow (2020-),
- Leisure Studies Association, Member (2019-),
- The Higher Education Academy, Fellow (2018-),
- Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, Member (2017-),
- Council for Australasian Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE), Member (2017-),
- International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators (ISTTE), Member (2016-),
The data on this page was last updated at 04:33 on November 24, 2020.