Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:Close
I teach across a number of Midwifery units, particularly in the areas of infant feeding and research appreciation.
My research interests are in infant feeding and learning technology/learning behaviours
- Sharma, S., van Teijlingen, E., Hundley, V., Angell, C. and Simkhada, P., 2016. Dirty and 40 days in the wilderness: Eliciting childbirth and postnatal cultural practices and beliefs in Nepal. BMC PREGNANCY AND CHILDBIRTH, 16.
- Mahato, P., van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, P. and Angell, C., 2016. Birthing centres in Nepal: Recent developments, obstacles and opportunities. Journal of Asian Midwives, 3 (1), 18-30.
- Luce, A., Cash, M., Hundley, V., Cheyne, H., van Teijlingen, E. and Angell, C., 2016. "Is it realistic?" the portrayal of pregnancy and childbirth in the media. BMC PREGNANCY AND CHILDBIRTH, 16.
- Angell, C., Hundley, V., van teijlingen, E. and ryan, K., 2015. Users of health talk.org breastfeeding webpages; their characteristics and views. Evidence Based Midwifery, 13 (2), 54-58.
- Mahato, P.K., Regmi, P.R., van Teijlingen, E., Simkhada, P., Angell, C. and Sathian, B., 2015. Birthing centre infrastructure in Nepal post 2015 earthquake. NEPAL JOURNAL OF EPIDEMIOLOGY, 5 (4), 518-519.
- Angell, C., Hunt, J.A. and Alexander, J., 2014. ‘Draw, write and tell’. A literature review and methodological development on the ‘draw and write’ research method. Early Childhood Research.
- Angell, C. and Taylor, A.M., 2013. Alien knowledge: Preparing student midwives for learning about infant feeding-Education practice at a UK university. Nurse Education Today, 33 (11), 1411-1415.
- Sharma, S., van Teijlingen, E., Hundley, V., Stephens, J., Simkhada, P., Angell, C., Sicuri, E. and Belizan, J.M., 2013. Mixed-methods evaluation of a maternity care intervention in rural Nepal: measuring what works. TROPICAL MEDICINE & INTERNATIONAL HEALTH, 18, 183-184.
- Angell, C., 2013. Bare necessities: why does society make breastfeeding so complicated? Pract Midwife, 16 (3), 5.
- Angell, R.J. and Angell, C., 2013. More than just "snap, crackle, and pop": "draw, write, and tell": An innovative research method with young children. Journal of Advertising Research, 53 (4), 377-390.
- Ryan, K., Brown, S., Wilkins, C., Taylor, A.M., Arnold, R., Angell, C. and van Teijlingen, E., 2011. Which hat am I wearing today? Practising midwives doing research. Evidence Based Midwifery, 9, 4-8.
- Angell, C., Hartwell, H. and Hemingway, A., 2011. The emergence of public health open educational resources. Health Education, 111, 256-265.
- Angell, C., Hemingway, A. and Hartwell, H., 2011. Surfing the net for public health resources. Public Health, 125, 547-553.
- Angell, C., Alexander, J. and Hunt, J.A., 2011. How are babies fed? A pilot study exploring primary school children’s perceptions of infant feeding. Birth, 34, 346-353.
- Hemingway, A., Angell, C., Hartwell, H. and Heller, R., 2011. An emerging model for publishing and using open educational resources in public health. Perspectives in Public Health, 131, 38-43.
- Angell, C., Alexander, J. and Hunt, J.A., 2010. Researching breastfeeding awareness in primary schools. British Journal of Midwifery, 18, 510-514.
- Donaldson, I. and Angell, C., 2016. It's more than just ticking boxes: What is the impact of online assessment of practice on feedback to students? In: Use of Digital Technologies to assess the professional practice of Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health Professionals 24 February 2016 UK Headquarters of Rackspace, Hayes, London, UK.
- Cash, M., Luce, A., Hundley, V., van Teijlingen, E., Angell, C. and Cheyne, H., 2013. The Portrayal of Childbirth in the Mass Media. In: Reimagining Birth International Symposium 2-3 July 2013 University College Dublin.
- Angell, C., 2010. ‘Special baby milk’ What are primary school children’s perceptions of infant feeding,. In: South West Breastfeeding Conference 4 May 2010 Bournemouth.
- Angell, C. and angell, C., 2010. ‘Special baby milk’ What are primary school children’s perceptions of infant feeding,. In: International Lactation Consultants Conference 24 March 2010 Leeds.
- Angell, C., Baum, A., Bradshaw, J. and Entwistle, F., 2010. London Breastfeeding Education in Schools Project. London: Department of Health.
- Layla Toomer
- Preeti Mahato
- Michelle Irving, 2018. How do independent midwives keep birth normal?
- Hannah Haydock. Stable isotopes as an indication of weaning age in post-medieval to modern populations
- Sheetal Sharma, 2017. Mixed–methods evaluation of maternity care intervention in rural Nepal
Profile of Teaching PG
- I supervise several PhD students.
Profile of Teaching UG
- I teach on the pre-registration midwifery programme and on a range of post-registration programmes.
Media Representations of Infant Feeding, Cardiff, 09 Jun 2016 more
ESRC Cultural Aspects of Breastfeeding, Cardiff
- Invited Speaker at the South West Breastfeeding Conference, (Bournemouth) July 2010
- Invited Speaker at Anglo-European Chiropractic College, (Bournemouth) Sept 2010
- Presentation to Department of Health (London) Infant Feeding Leads - Jan 2010
- Invited speaker at UK Lactation Consultants Conference (Leeds) - March 2010
- Peer Facilitated Learning: An evaluation of the student and academic experience of participating in reciprocal sharing of knowledge (BU: centre for Excellence in Learning, 04 Jan 2016). Awarded
- Practice Assessment and Learning in Midwifery Study (PALMS) (BU Centre for Excellence in Learning, 01 Jul 2015). In Progress
- National Research Ethics Service, Committee member for Southampton (A) LREC (2009-)
- Midwifery Journal, Reviewer, http://www.midwiferyjournal.com/
- Nurse Education Today, Reviewer, http://www.nurseeducationtoday.com/
- International Lactation Consultants Conference, 01 Jan 2010, Leeds
- Maternal and Infant Nutrition and Nurture Conference 2013, 10 Jun 2013, Grange over Sands, Cumbria
- The Royal College of Midwives Conference 2013, 13 Nov 2013, International Centre Telford
- Royal College of Midwives Annual Conference, 13 Nov 2012, Brighton
- Open Educational Resources 2010 (OER10), 22 Mar 2010, Cambridge
- UK Public Health Co-ordinators Conference, 01 Mar 2010, Nottingham
- European Midwives Association Education Conference, 29 Nov 2013, Maastricht
- Burp for Infant Feeding, Enterprise. Winchester and Eastleigh Hospital Trust
- Burp for Infant Feeding, Enterprise. Southampton University Hospitals Trust
- BURP, Enterprise. Dorset Health Trusts
- PhD in Children's Perceptions of Infant Feeding (Bournemouth University, 2009)
- BSc (Hons) in Midwifery (2006)
- BA (Hons) in Geography (1992)
- PG Cert in Education Practice (2011)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, Registered Midwife,
- Royal College of Midwives, Member,
- National Research Ethics Service committee member for Southampton (A) LREC
- Invited to collaborate in ESRC seminar series in 2015