- 01202 965759
- mmusarskaya at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer In Marketing
- Dorset House D124, Talbot Campus, Fern Barrow, Poole, BH12 5BB
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Maria Musarskaya is a Lecturer in Marketing for the Department of Marketing, Strategy and Innovation in the Faculty of Management – The Business School.
Maria graduated from Bryant University in 2009 with a BSBA in Marketing and in 2010 with a MBA, from Bournemouth University in 2014 with a MSc in Management with Marketing (with distinction). Maria is currently working on her PhD which explores consumer behaviour.
Maria joined Bournemouth University as an academic in 2014 and her work focuses on three streams of research: 1) ethical consumerism conceptualisation and practice; 2) (co)creation and consumption of digital marketing; 3) excellence in pedagogy.
Maria has disseminated her work at both national and international levels through participation in conferences (Academy of Marketing Science, British Academy of Management, Institute of Food Product Marketing, etc.) as well as publications (Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing). Maria is an experienced co-investigator on research projects which have received funding from ESRC and FMRIF... As a lecturer, Maria’s experience includes teaching across both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in subject areas that focus on Marketing, Branding, Advertising, Communication, Retail, Consumer Behaviour, and Entrepreneurship.
Prior to joining academia, Maria worked in the private sector in the U.S.A. and was responsible for market research and business development, working closely with local and national U.S. government departments.more
- Musarskaya, M., Birch, D. and Memery, J., 2018. To Eat or Not to Eat: Seafood Consumption Habit Formation. Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing , 30 (3), 227-235.
- Birch, D., Memery, J., Johns, N. and Musarskaya, M., 2018. Stimulating UK Adolescents’ Seafood Consumption. Journal of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing, 30 (1), 61-69.
- O'Sullivan, H., Musarskaya, M. and Hibbert, J., 2019. Ask not what marketing practice can do for NPOs; ask what NPOs can do for marketing practice. In: When you tire of Marketing you tire of life. Academy of Marketing annual conference 2-4 July 2019 Regents.
- Musarskaya, M., Birch, D. and Memery, J., 2018. To Eat or Not to Eat: Seafood Consumption Habit Formation. Journal of International Food and Agribusiness Marketing, 30 (3), 227-235.
- Birch, D., Memery, J., Johns, N. and Musarskaya, M., 2017. An Investigation into UK Adolescents Seafood Consumption. In: International Food Marketing Research Symposium 14-16 June 2017 Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Musarskaya, M., Birch, D. and Memery, J., 2016. Exploring food habit formation in young UK families: The case of sustainable seafood. In: Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference 18-20 May 2016 Florida.
- Musarskaya, M., Birch, D. and Memery, J., 2016. Structured abstract: Exploring food habit formation in young families: The case of sustainable seafood. In: Sustainability and Ethical Consumption Event, BAM Marketing and Retail SIG 28 April 2016 University of Surrey, Guildford.
- Birch, D., 2015. FISHING FOR ANSWERS? USING THE THEORY OF PLANNED BEHAVIOUR TO UNDERSTAND CONSUMPTION OF SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD IN THE UK. In: British Academy of Management 8-10 September 2015 Portsmouth.
- Theofilou, A., Veneti, A., Watson, T., Costello, J. and Musarskaya, M.. Proceedings of the International History of Public Relations 2017.
Profile of Teaching PG
- Marketing and Strategy
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING IN COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT
Profile of Teaching UG
- Advertising Skillset
- Brand Positioning for Advertising
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in MarComms
- Retail Marketing
- Strategic Retail Marketing and Management
- European Media Management Summer School (European Media Management Association, 04 Jul 2018). Awarded
Public Engagement & Outreach Activities
- Digital Me Pop-up Photo Gallery; ESRC Festival of Social Science 2016; http://digitalmebu.wordpress.com
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Member (2015-),