Dr Ruijie Wang
- rwang3 at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Lecturer in Psychology
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
Dr Ruijie Wang is a member of Cyberpsychology group, Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Research Centre (INRC) and Bournemouth University HCI research group (BUCHI). She has been working on the responsible gambling project funded by GambleAware and Bournemouth University, particularly for transparency and explainability of gambling sites since 2020, using multiple approaches including interviews, website and social media analysis and co-design. Before joining BU, she completed her PhD in Computer Science at De Montfort University in February 2020. She joined BU as a Lecturer in Psychology in September 2021. Previously, she received MSc degree in Human Computer Interaction from University of St Andrews, and BSc degree in Psychology from East China Normal University.
Ruijie has strong interest in investigating the role of human factors in the design and development of intelligent interactive systems. She has rich experience in multidisciplinary research approaches including qualitative and quantitative analyses, statistical modelling, applying machine learning algorithms to automatic assessment of human mind and behaviour based on physiological information such as eye tracking and EEG... She also has research experience and interest in user-centred design and usability evaluation as well as software prototyping.more
- Wang, R., Chen, L. and Ayesh, A., 2021. Multimodal Motivation Analysis towards Motivationally Intelligent E-Learning System. submitted.
- Wang, R., Chen, L. and Solheim, I., 2020. Modeling Dyslexic Students’ Motivation for Enhanced Learning in E-learning Systems. The ACM Transactions on Interactive Intelligent Systems, 10 (3).
- Wang, R., Xu, Y. and Chen, L., 2019. GazeMotive: A Gaze-based Motivation-aware E-learning Tool for Students with Learning Difficulties. In: Lamas, D., Loizides, F., Nacke, L., Petrie, H., Winckler, M. and Zaphiris, P., eds. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11749. Paphos, Cyprus: Springer, Cham, 544-548.
- Wang, R., Chen, L., Ayesh, A., Shell, J. and Solheim, I., 2019. Gaze-based Assessment of Dyslexic Students’ Motivation within an E-learning Environment. 2019 IEEE SmartWorld, Ubiquitous Intelligence & Computing, Advanced & Trusted Computing, Scalable Computing & Communications, Cloud & Big Data Computing, Internet of People and Smart City Innovation, 610-617 Leicester, UK: IEEE.
- Wang, R., Chen, L. and Solheim, I., 2017. A Conceptual System Architecture for Motivation- enhanced Learning for Students with Dyslexia. Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference on e-education, e-business and e-technology, 13-19 Toronto: ACM New York, NY, USA ©2017.
- Wang, R., Chen, L., Solheim, I., Schulz, T. and Ayesh, A., 2017. Conceptual Motivation Modeling for Students with Dyslexia for Enhanced Assistive Learning. SmartLearn ’17 Proceedings of the 2017 ACM Workshop on Intelligent Interfaces for Ubiquitous and Smart Learning, 11-18 ACM New York, NY, USA ©2017.
- Wang, R., Nacenta, M., Zhu, X. and Dai, Q., 2017. Visualization of health behavior data for children and young adults. 2017 Computing Conference, 1207-1216 IEEE.
- Wang, R., Bush-Evans, R., McAlaney, J., Bolat, E., Arden-Close, E., Hodge, S., Phalp, K. and Thomas, S., 2021. Transparency in Persuasive Technology, Immersive Technology and Online Marketing: A Narrative Review. to be published by GambleAware.
- Wang, R., Bush-Evans, R., Arden-Close, E., Thomas, S., Hodge, S., McAlaney, J., Bolat, E. and Phalp, K., 2021. Transparency in Responsible Gambling: A Systematic Review. to be published by GambleAware.
- Wang, R., 2020. Motivation Modelling and Computation for Personalised Learning of People with Dyslexia. PhD Thesis. School of Computer Science and Informatics, De Montfort University.
- Lopera, L.I., Wang, R. and All partners and ESRs, 2019. Four specialised technology infrastructures for four application categories (Deliverable D2.7, EU H2020 ACROSSING). European Commission Horizon 2020. Published online.
- Vincze, M., Wang, R., Chen, L. and All partners, 2019. Best practice of cross-sector partnerships and guidelines (Deliverable D3.7, EU H2020 ACROSSING). European Commission Horizon 2020. Published online.
- Picturing and voicing responsible online gambling (Economic and Social Research Council, 11 Sep 2020). In Progress
- Sensors, Anonymous peer review, 18 Oct 2021
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Anonymous peer review, 06 Aug 2021
- 26th Annual Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (ACM IUI 2021), TiiS: Modeling Dyslexic Students’ Motivation for Enhanced Learning in E-learning Systems, 13 Apr 2021, Virtual
- HCI Research Theme: Socially Distant Research Methods Workshop, 14 Jan 2021, Virtual
- 17th IFIP TC 13 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (INTERACT 2019), GazeMotive: A Gaze-Based Motivation-Aware E-Learning Tool for Students with Learning Difficulties, 02 Sep 2019, Paphos, Cyprus
- 19th IEEE Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC 2019), Gaze-based Assessment of Dyslexic Students' Motivation within an E-learning Environment, 19 Aug 2019, Leicester, UK
- AAL Forum 2018, Exhibition: EU H2020 ACROSSING Project (Advanced TeChnologies and PlatfoRm fOr Smarter ASsisted LivING), 24 Sep 2018, Bilbao, Spain
- ICEBT 2017: 2017 International Conference on E-Education, E-Business and E-Technology, 10 Sep 2017, Toronto, Canada
- Computing Conference 2017, Visualisation of Health Behavior Data for Children and Young Adults, 18 Jul 2017, London, UK
- 22nd International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (ACM IUI 2017), Conceptual Motivation Modeling for Students with Dyslexia for Enhanced Assistive Learning., 13 Mar 2017, Limassol, Cyprus
- PhD in Motivation Modelling and Computation (De Montfort University, 2020)
- MSc in Human Computer Interaction (University of St Andrews, 2015)
- American Psychological Association, Member,
- Association for Computing Machinery, Member,