Dr Sarah Hillier
- hilliers at bournemouth dot ac dot uk
- Senior Lecturer In Nutrition
Copy and share the URL for this profile:
Use a QR Code reader on a mobile device to add this person as a contact:
I am the Programme Leader for the BSc Nutrition programme and Senior Lecturer here at Bournemouth University. I am an experienced Registered Nutritionist and Senior Academic having worked in both commercial and Higher Education sectors.
I am a Registered Nutritionist (RNutr) with the Association for Nutrition (AfN) and am currently a Regional Representative for the South West. I am a mentor for several ANutrs in the region and nationally.
I am research active and currently have specialist interests in Women's / Maternal / LGBT+ Health, Weight Management & Body Composition. I am available for collaborative research and student research opportunities including MRes & PhD in projects connected to these areas of interest.
I completed my PhD in 2013 with its main themes include reproductive physiology, nutrition and exercise. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and an Advance HE Aurora Women in Leadership graduate 2022.
I am an ISAK Level 3 accredited anthropometrist and run a number of ISAK Level 1 & 2 Courses here at BU... We welcome internal and external students to these courses. Please contact me for upcoming course details.more
- Hannon, S., Clegg, M., Thondre, S. and Hillier, S., 2021. The effects of lower energy dense ready meals on appetite ratings and subsequent food intake in females. Nutrients, 13 (12).
Profile of Teaching PG
- Research Project
Profile of Teaching UG
- Nutrient Requirements throughout Life
- Research Project
- Liverpool John Moores University, External Examiner (2021-)
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, External Examiner (2019-)
- Association for Nutrition (AfN), Regional Representative South West (2018-)
- PGCert in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (St Mary's University, 2016)
- PhD in Reproductive Physiology & Nutrition (Oxford Brookes University, 2014)
- BSc (Hons) in Human Biology (Oxford Brookes University, 2008)
- Nominated for Most Outstanding Lecturer Award (Solent University Student Union, 2021)
- Nomination for the Most Inspirational Lecturer Award (Oxford Brookes University Student Union, 2019)
- Student Research Prize: Received for best UG student abstract, Get Published! (Oxford Brookes University, 2019)
- Nigel Groome Award: Received for best poster presentation, Postgraduate Symposium (Oxford Brookes University, 2012)
- Student Prize: Received for the best student oral communication (Oxford Nutrition Group, 2012)
- Pfizer Prize: Received for best oral communication (The Physiological Society, 2011)
- ISAK, Level 3 Anthropometrist (2020-), https://www.isak.global/
- Association for Nutrition, Member, https://www.associationfornutrition.org/
- Nutrition Society, Member, https://www.nutritionsociety.org/
Social Media Links
- LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahhillier/
- Twitter, @DrSarahHillier